NBAD was Abu Dhabi’s first local bank and has played a formative role in building the country’s financial system. Today, NBAD has one of the largest networks in the UAE as well as branches and offices in 17 countries stretching across five continents from the Far East to the Americas.
- Inauguration of NBAD by the late Sheikh Zayed in the presence of a number of sheikhs and prominent figures
- NBAD opens its first overseas branch in Cairo, Egypt
- Launch of the NBAD Stock Market Index
- NBAD becomes a public joint stock company
- NBAD celebrates its 40th anniversary.
- NBAD is recognized one of the World’s 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and launches the Global Financial Markets Forum
- NBAD becomes the first UAE bank to break the US$1 billion in annual net profits
- NBAD ranked the Safest Bank in the Middle East
- NBAD launches the SME Academy
- NBAD launches operations in India
- NBAD signs up to Equator Principles