NBAD Aldar Academies Visa Platinum Credit Card is a unique card designed to facilitate the education of students and to ensure convenience and peace of mind for the parents
Education made easy with NBAD Aldar Academies Visa Platinum Credit Card
Pay tuition fees for Aldar Academies in up to 18 monthly instalments at 0% interest with no extra cost
Take more time for you and for your family with our lifestyle partnership discounts
- Enjoy 4 visits to any Fitness First Club at AED 30 per visit within a calendar month. Click here for T&Cs.
*Effective 1st July 2016, customers can enjoy visits to Fitness First at AED 30 per visit. The minimum monthly spend has been revised to AED 2,000.
- Catch the latest movies from AED 10 on weekdays and AED 20 at the weekend. Offer valid at Cine Royal, Oscar Cinema and Reel Cinemas.
*Effective 1st July 2016, the movie pricing at all participating cinema locations in Abu Dhabi will be revised to AED 10 during weekdays. A minimum monthly spend of AED 2,000 is required for customers to enjoy the movie feature.
Now you can travel in style with free airport transfers, Meet & Greet and other special benefits.
- Enjoy 2 complimentary Airport Transfer services per calendar year when you book your tickets with your Credit Card. See the city limits.
- Complimentary Meet & Greet services at Abu Dhabi & Dubai Airports. To book these services, call NBAD at 600 56 6223 at least 48 hours prior to your flight departure/arrival, and make sure your tickets are purchased using your Credit Card within 120 days from the date of booking the service. Note: your card must be active and you must be travelling to be able to take advantage of this service.
Rewards and offers
Reward yourself every time you use your card and earn 1.5 NBAD Stars for every AED 1 purchase
- Get a chance to win back 50% of the tuition fee when you pay your child’s fees using your Credit Card. T&C apply. To view details on the September 2015 draw winners, click here.
- Earn 1.50 NBAD Stars on purchases and 0.50 NBAD Stars on school fees for every Dirham spent on your Credit Card and 0.5 NBAD Star on every AED 1 spent on the Prepaid Card. Redeem your NBAD Stars for Etihad Guest Miles; Skywards Miles from Emirates or book tickets through NBAD Stars Travel Portal. NBAD Stars can also be redeemed for the NBAD Stars Card which can be used at over 24 million merchants worldwide. For more information, visit NBAD Stars.
- Special offers and discounts from select premium retailers in the UAE.
Your NBAD Aldar Academies Visa Platinum Credit Card comes with a range of additional protection features
- Education fee Protection Coverage of up to AED 500,000 per child. Click here for more details.
- Complimentary Travel Accident Insurance covers you up to AED 500,000 every time you use your Credit Card to purchase tickets. See full Travel Accident cover details.
- Protect yourself against unexpected events with Credit Shield Plus. When you can’t meet your credit card payments due to unforeseen circumstances, your credit card’s outstanding balance (i.e. the amount you owe) is taken care of. To activate this service, call us on 600 56 6223.
- Enjoy Purchase Protection and an Extended Warranty period of 12 months beyond the manufacturer/retailer warranty with your Credit Card.
- Your NBAD Aldar Academies Visa Platinum Credit Card offers you complimentary International Medical & Travel Assistance to make your trip memorable for all the right reasons. For more details, click here.
- Protect your home contents against the unexpected with a Home Contents Insurance plan. You can enjoy a flexible home contents insurance plan starting from just AED 25 per month. Sum insured limits range from AED 50,000 to AED 150,000 that let you choose the plan that works just right for you. For more details, click here. For T&Cs, click here. To apply SMS ‘HOME’ to 2050.
- Your child/children must be enrolled in one of the Aldar Schools in UAE
- Completed and signed branch application form
- Copy of valid Passport / Visa / Emirates ID (Originals must also be presented)
- Security cheque can be a UAE bank cheque from the customer or a dummy cheque provided by the bank
- Confirmation letter from Aldar Academies stating the grade and school in which the child is studying in
- If you would like our customer care team to contact you please complete the Credit Card Application Form
Fees and charges
|Principal Annual Fee||Free for life|
|Supplementary Annual Fee||Free for life|
|Retail Interest Rate*
|Cash Advance Interest Rate**||3.09% p.m.|
|Cash Advance Limit||60% of Credit Limit|
|Cash Advance Fee (% of withdrawal amount)||3% of the amount of cash obtained, with a minimum of AED 100 per transaction|
|International Transaction Charges**||2.75%|
|Choice of Monthly Payment||5% to 100% of outstanding|
|Minimum Monthly Payment||5% of outstanding balance or AED 100 (whichever is higher)|
|Late Payment Fees**||AED 250 in any month that the payment is late, or not made, or is less than the minimum amount due|
|Over Limit Fees**||AED 250 in any month that the outstanding balance is greater than the assigned credit limit|
|Credit Shield Plus||Charged per month at 0.85% of outstanding (maximum AED 1,700)|
|Statement Reprint Charges||AED 25 per statement|
|Copies of Transaction Slip||AED 25 per transaction slip|
|Cheque Returned Fee||AED 200|
|Card delivery via Branch||AED 50|
|Card delivery via Courier||No fee|
|Grace Period – Retail Purchases||Up to 56 days on purchases (if amount outstanding is settled in full on or before the due date)|
|Grace Period – Cash||None|
|Card Replacement Fee||No fee|
|Card Payment at Al Ansari||No fee|
*If the outstanding amount is not paid in full on or before the due date, interest will be charged on the amount outstanding from the transaction date. For any queries or billing information simply call us on 600 56 6223, or visit any NBAD branch. NBAD reserves the right to change its card pricing at any time.
**Effective 1st November 2016, Late Payment and Over limit Fee on NBAD Credit Cards will be revised to AED 275 per month and International Transaction Fee will be revised to 2.95%. The Cash Advance Interest Rate will also be revised to 3.50% per month.
|Balance transfer||3 Months||6 Months||9 Months||12 Months||18 Months||24 Months||36 Months|
|Cancelation fee: AED 150 + remaining period interest|
|Easy cash (EC)||3 Months||6 Months||9 Months||12 Months||18 Months||24 Months||36 Months|
|Early settlement fee: AED 150 + remaining period interest|
|Easy Payment Plan on transactions||3 Months||6 Months||9 Months||12 Months||18 Months||24 Months||36 Months|
|Interest rate||1.1% ***||1.1% ***||1.20%||1.20%||1.20%||1.10%||1.10%|
|Early settlement fee: AED 150|
|***For selected customers, subject to approval|
|Easy Payment Plan on balance||3 Months||6 Months||9 Months||12 Months||18 Months||24 Months||36 Months|
|Early settlement fee: AED 250 + remaining period interest|
|For selected customers, subject to approval|
|Interest rate: 0%|
|Cancelation fee: AED 150|
|For transactions at selected partner merchants|
Discover NBAD products to suit you
View our wide range of credit cards, accounts and exclusive services designed to help you get more for your money.